Tuesday, December 9, 2014

{#12DaysOfDharmaLove} Yoga Challenge! Day 7’s pose is...





{#12DaysOfDharmaLove} Yoga Challenge! Day 7’s pose is “Upward Facing Dog - Urdhva Mukha Svanasana”! I’m dedicating today’s pose to my incredible, and INSPIRING Yoga Teacher Trainees who graduated from their Pure Flow Yoga Teacher Training 200hr program yesterday. In the yoga-world, there is sometimes the tendency to value moving our bodies with integrity more than speaking with integrity or acting with integrity. This value is valid, of course. It is important to keep your body safely aligned as you navigate increasingly challenging postures, or an increasingly difficult practice. Our yoga practice isn’t worth much, no matter how well aligned our chatturanga is… If we’re not holding ourselves accountable to a greater personal integrity. As yoga teachers, we have a modicum of influence and as a result, hold a fair amount of power. And the saying is true… “with great power comes great responsibility.”


When I was a new teacher, I projected confidence, but I was often nervous before teaching. I would second guess myself all of the time. So much of that has smoothed out over my 10+ years of teaching, but every once in awhile, I slip up. I try my best to speak with mindful awareness, but perhaps not always with integrity. I might offer great alignment instructions, but I’m human and work each day to be a better person, and a better yogi. We can hold ourselves to a higher standard, but at the end of the day, we are human beings. If there is anything I want my newly-minted teachers to remember, it is that it’s not about the mistakes you make but how you learn from them, and how you then choose to move forward with greater integrity and consciousness than before.


@dharmabumsactive

@amyelandry

@kathy0805

@elinorecohen

@bryceyoga

@miso_healthy

@_carlotta_castangia


I’m wearing my AMAZING Dharma Bums - From Studio to Street leggings!!! Remember that you all get a 20% discount on the entire line of Dharma Bums leggings for the duration of the challenge. Make sure to use the code “DHARMALOVE” in the discount field when you purchase at http://ift.tt/1l3Myb9


#Yoga #ElinoreCohenYoga #PureFlowYoga #IntentionIsEverything #LasVegasYoga #LasVegasYogi #LasVegasYogis #VegasYogi #VegasYogis #DharmaBumsActive #DharmaBumsActiveWear #LoveMyDharmaBums #EthicalYogi http://ift.tt/1weVzBg






via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1wbWJ1w

No comments:

Post a Comment