Saturday, July 26, 2014

{I was asked to #StopDropAndYoga by @asha_aum and since I wanted some relaxation this Morning, I present you with Supta Virasana!! I love me some Restoratives!!! I now tag @autumn_rae and @kelliehouston11 to #StopDropAndYoga! πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”… The beauty of restorative yoga is that there is no muscular contraction involved. We believe we have to “work” to increase flexibility, but often we achieve more opening in parts of the body that we perceive as tight by softening and relaxing rather than through an active asana practice. During a restorative yoga sequence you still stretch, but you relax fully in the stretch, so that tension can slowly be released… Because the body and mind relax, literally becoming softer, we also create space to get in touch again with our natural qualities of compassion and understanding of others and of our self. πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”…πŸ”… #Yoga #ElinoreCohenYoga #PureFlowYoga #IntentionIsEverything #RestorativeYoga} via Instagram http://ift.tt/1k12ISV

No comments:

Post a Comment